CORPORATE & COMMERCIAL
Mr Tan Hin Tat (Head of Department)
Ms Claire Tham Li Mei (Partner)
Ms Serena Goh Mae Li (Partner)
Mr Quay Wee Meng Andrew (Legal Associate)
TRANSACTIONAL AND ADVISORY WORK FOR FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS
Our services include:
- Acting for banks on a broad range of financing transactions, both locally and cross-border.
- Major real estate transactions have included financing for en bloc residential re-developments, commercial property financing and construction financing.
- General legal advice on consumer, corporate, private banking and treasury matters to banks.
- Advising stock-broking firms on their legal matters.
- Transactional and Advisory Work for Companies
The Firm advises on regulatory compliance issues in relation to the Banking Act, Securities and Futures Act, Financial Advisers Act and other major legislation affecting the financial industry in Singapore.
The growing complexity of the financial industry in Singapore has resulted in a rapidly-evolving regulatory framework which requires financial institutions to keep themselves constantly updated.
CORPORATE SECRETARIAL, POST-LISTING ADVICE AND CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
Our corporate secretarial department provides corporate secretarial services to listed and unlisted companies at competitive rates.
For SGX-listed companies, we will advise on post-listing requirements under the SGX Listing Manual and assist with preparation of shareholders’ circulars for submission to SGX where required.
We also advise on corporate governance matters for Singapore-incorporated banks under the Banking (Corporate Governance) Regulations and Singapore-listed companies.
We provide drafting and advisory services to companies, including drafting and advising on the following principal documents:
- Shareholders’ agreements, joint venture agreements, subscription and investment agreements, agreements for sale and purchase of shares, for both listed and unlisted companies.
- Franchise and licensing agreements, including trademark licensing and software licensing agreements.
- Hotel management and other agreements relating to all aspects of hotel operations. The Firm acts for major listed hotel and lifestyle clients in such transactions.
- Assignment of contracts
- Employment Agreements
- Hotel Management & Licence Agreements
- Global Property Acquisition
- Events Management Agreements
- Banking and Finance
- Hotel, Leisure and Hospitality
- Sports Management
- Food & Beverage